So I'm all moved in and finally settled into my place. I expected so much more but I can say that im happy. Living alone in a place you can call your own comes with a peace that's indescribable! I often finish my work days excited to go home to a place I can finally call 'home'. I missed the serenity this provides!!
But let me tell you about the experience... So, remember I was so ecstatic with anticipation of my new place?! I couldn't wait to receive my keys. I went to the office during my lunch break only to find that the office didn't have my move in papers ready- I had to wait almost an hour to see the leasing agent but I forgave them because my happiness far outweighed their lack of preparation. So I got my key and left to go see my apartment carrying my new best friend across the thresh hold: my cookie jar :) I wanted that to be the first thing I brought into the house and situated to make it feel like home instantly!I opened the door and I immediately was disappointed... something was wrong and felt terribly off. The natural lighting in the place already sucks, so I searched for a light switch to reveal what I was feeling inside and it did. The apartment hadn't been turned over. The carpet was dirty and worn, the sinks, tubs and toilets were dirty, there were dishes in the cabinets and food in the freezer!!! Did they really expect me move into this place??? I began to juggle in my mind was I expecting too much? Was this really what I wanted? are they wrong or should I just clean it and be happy??? What do I do??... I calmed and went right back to the office and told the agent what I saw. Luckily he was VERY apologetic, followed me back to see the place himself and called in the orders to clean it all. The next day I got new carpet, discounted rent and a clean apartment to walk into!!! I took a home decor shopping trip and returned Friday feeling at least happy about the place again.
Saturday, about 8 of my friends kindly helped me move all of my things up 3 flights of stairs into my place! With a newly aqua accented living room and purple bedroom, I'm now finally in my place. And as I said in beginning... I'm just happy about the PEACE it brings :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:
Post a Comment