Wednesday, March 7, 2012

G-Town Philly + Billy = Home


Its about 4:30, I just touched down in Philly about 3 hours ago to visit my brother Billy and it feels like home already. As he pulled up to the airport terminal to scoop me, my attention immediately drifted away from the cities windy chills to the warmth of my brother's hug. In an instance, this big foreign city that I've never visited became home to me. After riding around downtown, enjoying a great lunch at a cute Southern Amerian cusine restaurant name Jones and riding through the hills to get to his place- I now realize I still haven't taken in the scope of the city. I've been blinded by the comfort of my loved one!

It was an amazing feeling when I realized the truth in the statement "home is where the heart is". Typically as a tourist I would have a heightened senses for the new city I'm in carefully taking in the structure of the buildings, make up of the highways, diversity of its citizens and uniqueness of the area. But ironically, on this occassion I've been been completely oblivious and everything feels strangely familar instead of interestingly new. I contribute that to me feeling as if I was home. And I attribute that feeling to the presence of my brother.

I'm so excited to be here and I can't wait to soak up all this trip has to offer. For the next few days I'm not vacation- I'm just at my home away from home :)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment