I always love traveling and stopping through random cities by flight because there isn't a more diverse place then the airport. This is the one time when all people of all ages from all different kinds of walks gather in one place with one common mission- to reach their destination. Some are traveling for business, others for personal reason and the rest for vacation. As I walk the isles of the plane and the concourse of the airport I see worrisome parents with their active children, I hear business men and women partake in executive discussions. Theirs your carefree voyagers who looK as if they've done this a million times and your novice travelers that I over hear marveling at the sight of the planes outside and snapping pictures of billbords. The enthusiasm mixed with fear that rest on everyones face is classic. Never will America find another place where all people are seemingly equal dispite our differences!!
I was inspired to write since my connecting flight to Philly today was in Charlotte and it is one of 3 of my favorite places to visit; even if it is only for a breif moment of walking through the airport. Its so refeshing as a black woman to walk into an establishment and see a myraid of my black brothers and sisters working hard and being afforded equal earning opportunities. To see a sea of blacks- well intermingled with other Americans- that are happy and productive and without looks of settlement or weary discourse on their faces. The sight of such justice makes my world a better place. When I see this, I think to myself 'We made it, finally! Thank you Jesus'. And for the first time in a long time the world seems right!
How amazing this would be if I could see the same successfully functional diversity everywhere; all the time!
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2
No comments:
Post a Comment