First, Happy New Years Everyone!
I began 2012 with a new outlook on life and a mission to be a bit more true to me. This will include- amongst a few other things- blogging more and exploring the creative side of me. But before we get to all the good, let me update you on my car!
So Autumn has been doing well. She was happily accepted by all of my loved ones and although she's greedy (I gas her up once, sometimes twice a week) we have no complaints. Well, in the short 3 months I've had her, the past 2 weeks have been trying for us both. On Jan. 19th, she was backed into and the tail light was broken so quite naturally, her bumper and trunk is damaged as well. I didn't assess the damages to be too major and blessedly, the young lady who hit Autumn left an apologetic note and number to call to cover the expenses. We'll I naively left the scene without filling a police report, and contacted the young lady for her to fix it. Numerous friends and acquaintances asked me if I trusted this girl to cover the damages and gave me the "you're too nice look" when I said I do. And in the beginning she proved me right continually by having positive and constant communication of intent to cover the damages until I presented her with the quotes 5 days later :(
Now, she and her family are no longer resuming responsibility for the damages and I'm going to have to go through my insurance and pay myself to fix my $1200 damages :( COMPLETE BUMMER right?!!! I was outraged!!!!
I've done all that I could do over the last few days. I've called her to do her and pleaded for her to do her part, part but to no avail. In fact- her father then called and threatened me with harassment. (That has to be a joke)!!!... I've filled a police report and meet with the chief of police for the area but apparently there's very little they can do after the fact. I've transcribe all voice mail, personal and text message and submitted a claim with my insurance to go after her. But I'm still going to have to pay for this myself everyone says. And so to Small Claims Court we'll go!
Sigh- this is discouraging and annoying. All I want is for my car to be fixed and Autumn to be better! It seems the world would rather punish me for 1. going to work and 2. for being too nice to believe this young lady would do her part as promised. Why is the Florida No Fault systems contrives against the victim. It makes no sense that we may for other's mistakes. But it seems to be the law. Life can be so unfair!

No comments:
Post a Comment