During a time when most young women are readily searching for their soul mates, endless love, romantic excursions, and the perfect guy to take home to dad, these young ladies are running the opposite way. Not against the ideal of marriage or commitment but for the chance to develop her self independently of another being. They long for an opportunity to selfishly focus on themselves without having to give to another being....
I remember this moment all to well.
Almost apologetically I would express to my friends the need to be alone and single. I almost begged for it most cases! Heck, I actually fought for it. The notion of not wanting to marry or date is almost unacceptable for women my age. While no one dared debate my desire to adjust to a working life and spend quality time developing myself; they did however refute me doing it without a companion.
I wonder why in a time like ours- full of infidelity, broken bonds, economic downturns, and more, people still press the issue of settlement. Isn't that the very last facet of life we should aim to achieve?
I'm just saying...
ARN
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2
No comments:
Post a Comment